Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Family Home Evening

Every Monday, We get together and have Family Home Evening. We take turns planning the event. This week was Mandy's turn. The lesson was on David and Goliath. Mandy brought over yummy porcupine meatballs which represented the stones,with salad and french bread. After dinner we painted rocks. While they were drying we had the lesson on David and Goliath.Mandy did such a wonderful job. It has been fun teaching and learning the gospel as we go. After the lesson Mandy had a poem and it was to be sung as a rap. Well, I volunteered to do it. It was crazy. Well, so crazy that MiCayla about wet her pants laughing. Tulson was rolling on the floor. Tom was looking at me like WHAT THE HECK. (I guess your never to old to rap LOL. Ed I think was in shock, and Jake didn't realize what a weird mother in law he really had. Anyways, after the lesson when the rocks were dry, we painted on sayings and explained to the kids that if they ever feel sad or feeling they needed some extra help to reach into the sack and read the words which read.(God,Family,praying,strength,David). I hope we continue to do this. We all need God in our lives and through prayer we hope to strengthen our family and be humble as David was. Thanks my little family for sharing your life with me. Love you all!!!








3 comments:

  1. Peggy, This really touches my heart!!!

    Everyone looks like they are having so much fun :)And what a great way to teach the children the gospel :)And spend good quality family time together :)

    I know I surely could use God in my life :)
    I sure wish my kids would get day jobs, it would be so nice to do this.

    `Hugs and Kisses to all !

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time! lol what I great idea for David and Goliath! I;m glad your family is staying so close! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Diane and Steff, We did have a great time.Having quality time and the gospel with my family helps me realize how blessed I am.
    Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete