Monday, June 14, 2010

"Dreams Came True For Shelbie"

This is a Poem that I wrote and Mandy took it to the wave and
suprised me with Shell's picture on it.
We're graduating and we know
our lives will be different and new.
We're going out into the world
Our goals and dreams to pursue.
But one thing will never ever change
as we go our seperate ways.
The friends we've made in school will be
our friends for all our days.
The special ties and attachments we've made
These bonds will never be broken
We'll continue to feel the special bond,
Though words may not be spoken.
The rhinestone placed on the top of this boot
came from Shelbie's belt.
The shining sparkle represents your
Friendship and love that she felt.
So it's not goodbye, but rather farewell
I'll see you again my friend,
Your friendship means alot to me
and it will never end.
Congratualations !!!

Boot with a wasp on the toe. High School's Mascot.
And signed CLASS OF 2210 on the heel. It was
filled with Hershey's kisses and Smarties... And
the poem rolled up like a Diploma and tied with
a gold ribbon.
Finally finished 27 boot's for Shell's friends for their graduation.

Rose's from one of shell's friends. Alot of her friends
wore pink bandana's around their wrist or ankle
in memory of her.

These are flowers that the principal Paul Sweat brought
to our house after graduation.

Tom, Ed and I receiving Shell's Diploma. The class and the audience
gave her a standing ovation. Sent chills up my back. And of course
I cried.!!!! 255 GRADUATES in her class..!!!!!





3 comments:

  1. That was really nice what you did for the class....I'm sure they loved them....

    Your Bro,
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun being able to do something for her friends.I had alot of parents comment on how nice it was and her friends were so happy to know they had something of shell's.
    Love,
    Your sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy, Such a lovely poem :) The boots are wonderful, especially with the rhinestones from Shell. I know Shell's friends will treasure those boots forever.
    Love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete