Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grandma Going Back To School

Geez have I either gotten old or elementry school has gotten younger. LOL
I had the priveledge to go to school today and meet my grandson Tulson
for a sack lunch and watch his school singing program. He is in the 3rd grade.
It was to hot outside to eat our lunches so the teacher decided to eat
their sack lunches in her room.
I was baby sitting Mandy's little guy Cason so he came along with me.
Mandy had left 3 lunchables for us to take.
I have never ate a lunchable in I don't know how long. What a treat.
I had forgotten how fun it was to stack the meat onto the cracker with a
slice of cheese. Not to mention the reece's candy bar and the drink
you carefully have to poke with your straw to open hoping is doesn't
come squirting you in the eyeball.
As we were eating and sharing quality time, sitting indian style. LOL
Tulson kept on telling me that his tooth was loose. He would wiggle
it back and forth and back and forth until grandma here just about got sick.
I have never been able to pull someone's tooth, let alone my own when
I was YOUNG... Remember tying a string around your tooth and
slamming the door??? Ya Right
His class had published a book on all the fun things they did during
the school year. They each had a part in this book to write their own
little story on what they liked the best. Along with pictures the
teacher had taken to place in the book with their story.
They had each child get up and read their page in the book.
I thought that was so great for them to be able to have something
like this that they could look back on and show their kids....
Well, it was time for the assembly as Tulson said look grandma !!!
My tooth can turn sideways and it is stuck and I can't get it back.
I thought wow this is great. Time to sing for his program and he has
a tooth that is mangled sideways knowing any time now the blood
will start dripping down his face.....
As I looked at it and tried to rake my rattled brain on what to do,
Tuls said grandma LOOK.....Well, there is was in his hand.
That shows who is wiser and smarter than good old grandma.
Mandy showed up for the program and I handed her the tooth.
And she said Oh it finally came out?????
Gotta love them.......






No comments:

Post a Comment