Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve

 Dear Shell, As you know I have been busy making penguins for the family.
Well Christmas Eve is here and the family loved them. It was so nice to have the family here to share soups, minestrone,  chicken noodle, ham sandwiches and home made fudge and divinity that you loved to eat.. I was taught that Families are to be together forever since I was a little girl. They are the most important people in your life. 
 I know I don't need to tell you how hard it is for me to celebrate Christmas without you. I do know that it had to have been beautiful where you are. Being able to be with mom and all the relatives and friends you have met in heaven. I am sure there were lights of celebrating the Birth today of our Savior. I can imagine the chorus angels singing and children's laughter throughout the clouds of heaven. I am sure there were no worries on fighting crowds during shopping for presents or trying to find that last gift and using your last dime to pay for it. I am sure you missed us as much as we were missing you. Shell knowing you are safe, to me is the  riches that a mom could ever ask for from above. Knowing that you are loved and have someone to give you a squeeze from their hearts.
 Your whole family Shell were there to spend time with you, grandma's, and grandparents. I hope you didn't laugh when we sang to you. My voice was crackly and it was starting to get so cold we were all a bit out of tune. But most of all we enjoyed being able to do something for the ones we love and miss most.
 I wonder if  Nan and Tap were playing their songs together. Tap on his Banjo and Nan on the piano.
As we left I could only imagine what the lights looked like from heaven because they were beautiful from here. I am blessed for at least being able to spend the short time I had with you here Shell. I hope you had the best Christmas Eve and Christmas ever!! I talked to a few friends that were there that night and their hearts still ache for their children that are there with you, no one knows but us. A place in my heart that will always be empty and another tear that filled my eyes. A memory of you and mom that will always be in my heart and last my lifetime. Till I see you again. Love you To The Moon And Back...."Merry Christmas" Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Post! It sincerely brought tears to my eyes! I need your email address! can you email me or comment one of my blogs, it won't be posted on for good. Hope you had a very merry christmas! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete