Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy 20th Birthday Shelbie

Dear Shelbie, It seems like yesterday when we celebrated your last Birthday here with us. It is still hard for me to realize that you are gone. I miss all the fun times we had with you. Now you would have been twenty really makes me realize that time is going by whether I want it to or not. I try to picture what you have been doing and who you would be today. I am sure you are giving advise in the beauty salons cause that is what you wanted to be along with dancing with the stars and putting a smile on someones face and caring and listening to those in need. I am sure you were the first one like MiCayla said to bust in the doors of our new Wallmart store and head right to the make up isle. I can still hear your laugh and see your smile and can still remember the little twitch you had in your walk.
This year your nieces and nephews blew out your candles. And as you know they thought that was great. They miss and remember you also and talk fondly of you to this day, even the youngest that I believe and know that you were the last to hold them before sending us our little angels from heaven.
I am sorry Shell for not being able to get Tinkerbell for the top of your cake. All I could get is Iridessa. She is the fairy that always had a few tricks up her wings and would make you laugh. Just as you did Shelbie. You still pull tricks on us and put a smile on our face when we are down.
As we sang Happy Birthday to you I could feel your presence as the tears rolling down my face was a sign that you are really not that far away. This picture is for you Shell to tuck under your wings at night. Your Family !!!
When we went to the cemetary we let balloons go into the skies. I hope they made it to the stairways to heaven so you can read them and know how important you are in our hearts and how much we love and miss you.
The night was getting late so we could barely see them floating way up high on their journey to you.
Tulson, Parley, Grace and Emma were in great thought thinking about you.
Along with Alisa and Chey and all your family.
The flowers gave to you Shell is a symbol of our love for you on your Birthday.
It was so beautiful to see the love that your family and friends have for you Shell and forever in our hearts. I hope you had a Happy Birthday Baby Girl because I Love You To The Moon And Back. Love, Mom

2 comments:

  1. I read this beautiful post the other day, I could not leave a comment as I had such a lump in my throat and eyes welled up with tears.
    I miss Shelbie so much. I think of her everyday and can see her big smile and sparkling eyes, as if she's standing before me.
    Dear Shelbie Rose Happy 20th Birthday!

    Love,
    Aunt Diane

    P.S
    I love all of you guys!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy!
    Great job on the post! It brought tears to my eyes! I think and pray about the family and Shelbie Every day! Not a moment goes by with out a thought of my love for Shel and the family! I wish I could have been there with that great celebration! I know that Shel is always looking down and smiling! Love you! Happy Birthday Shelbie!

    ReplyDelete