Friday, September 23, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN.!!!

Today is my little brothers Birthday.!!! He is 10 years younger than me but in alot of ways he sure seems smarter and wiser than I. I would like to pay a tribute to him for his talent, love and caring he has shared with me on creations he has made. He made me this picture umteen years ago. I love the detail he has put into it. You can see a cat approaching the bucket which sits aside a pitch fork and broom. He used a woodburner to make this picture. The mare is showing much love to it's new born colt.
We were down to Alan's house quite awhile ago and his talented wife and him were teaching my kids how to use clay. Alan finished this indian and I thought it was so nice he gave it to me.
Very delicate. I have it in my curio and somehow some of the feathers have broken. UGGGGHH
He also taught us how to make roosters out of twigs. It was so much fun until it came to the tail. If you weren't percise the tail would break off. We learned this art took a steady hand.
I had bought a canoe at RC Willey's one year and Alan carved a beautiful fish scenery out of wood to put in it.
The fishing pool resembles one of Ed's old fishing poles. This was all hand carved by Alan.
The rocks are all wood.
The grass is all wood and you can see he even carved a pocket knife and arrow heads.
After he carved everything I painted them to make it come to life. The fishing bait is a old bottle of fish bait that came from my grandpa's service station many many many years ago.
One day at Alan's he taught me how to chainsaw bears. He did a GREAT job.
He woodburned and carved on toilet seats.
They are to nice to sit on so I hung them on my wall they make a cool conversation piece.
He carved a belt buckle for Ed out of a Elk horn and I was the lucky winner on his e-bay to win the beautiful necklace.
He now makes flutes that are out of this world. Coyote calls, and firestarters out of deer antlers.
Here is a closeup of the flutes he made for me. The touch of his wifes painting and sculpting made them come alive. I just want you to know Alan how much you mean to me and how greatful I am to have a brother like you. If anyone would like to take a peek of all the rest of his work you should visit him at http://macnaughtancreations.blogspot.com/2011/08/elderberry-branch-flute-key-of-g.html and http://macnaughtanflutesandcreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/carved-acorn-button-and-deer-pendant.html. He has really made some amazing art pieces. Hope you had a nice Birthday Alan. Thanks for all you've done for me.!! And thanks for being my little Bro. Love, Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment